In this guide, I will show you how you can install Kohana.
- Kohana version 188.8.131.52
- Download Kohana.
- Create a folder on your www directory if you’re using Wamp and htdocs if you’re on Xampp.
- Name the folder to anything you like as long as it is easy to remember.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file that you downloaded earlier into the folder that you have just created.
- The inside of that folder should now look like this:
- Open up the folder so that you will have the same screen as the screenshot above. Then open up the application folder. Then open bootstrap.php using any text editor.
- There are many things which you have to edit here. First is the time zone. If you’re also from the Philippines then you can use the same time zone as mine. Just use the find and replace function of the text editor to find where is this specific line of code.
Next thing, specify the folder where Kohana is installed. This will depend on the folder name you have a while ago. But mine is named kohana, and it is directly after the www directory or the root directory of the web accessible folder. So it will look like this:
Kohana::init(array( 'base_url' => '/kohana', ));
That’s it, you should now see this screen when you try to access the url below on your browser. Of course, the kohana here will not be the same as yours if you have named yours differently.
You might as well enable or disable some php extensions in your wamp tray icon if you want to pass all the optional tests as well.
As you can see, I failed one optional test but its okay since its just optional.
That’s how you install Kohana framework. Stay tuned. Thanks!